- Imagination: Look for the humor and Anticipate the future
- Life planning: set clear goals. Plan for the future
- Organizing: Take charge. Make order. Don’t let things pile up.
- Problem solving: solve it yourself. Seek outside help. Tackle problems head-on.
- Relabelling: Change perspectives. Look for good in a bad situation
- Time Management: Focus on top priorities. Work smarter, not harder.
- Getaways: Spend time alone. See a movie. Daydream.
- Hobbies: Write. Paint. Remodel. Create something
- Learning: Take a class. Read. Join a club.
- Music: Play an instrument. Sing. Listen to the stereo.
- Play: Play a game. Go out with friends
- Work: Tackle a new project. Keep busy. Volunteer
- Biofeedback: Listen to your body. Know your physical limitation.
- Exercise: Pursue physical fitness. Jog. Swim. Dance. Walk.
- Nourishment: eat for health. Limit use of alcohol.
- Relaxation: Tense and relax each muscle. Take a warm bath. Breathe deeply.
- Self-Care: Energize your work and play. Strive for self-improvement
- Stretching: Take short stretch breaks throughout your day.
- Commitment: Take up a worthy cause. Invest yourself meaningfully.
- Reflect: Meditate. Gratitude journal. Think about beliefs
- Surrender: Let go of problems. Learn to live with the situation.
- Valuing: Spend time and energy wisely. Find purpose and meaning in life. Put values into action.
- Balancing: Balance time at work and home. Accept the good with the bad.
- Conflict Resolution: Look for win/win solutions. Forgive readily
- Esteem building: Build good family feelings. Focus on personal strengths.
- Flexibility: Take a new family roles. Stay open to change.
- Networking: Develop friendships with other families. Make use of community resources
- Togetherness: Take time to be together. Build family traditions. Express affection.
- Affirmation: Believe in yourself. Trust others. Give compliments
- Assertiveness: State your needs and wants. Say “no” respectfully.
- Contact: Make new friends. Touch. Really listen to others.
- Expression: Show feelings. Share feelings
- Limits: accept other’s boundaries. Drop some involvement
- Linking: Share problems with others. Ask for support from family/friends